Would you like a biscuit?
What do you do when offered a biscuit?
This could be out of habit; not being mindful about what you are eating does not help the new year weight loss goals.
Next time you reach out for something that is not on your healthy eating plan, hesitate…
Which part of you is reaching out for it?
• Your hand – out of habit?
• Your eyes – you’re imagining how it tastes
• An emotion – comfort? Stress? Loneliness? To be social?
• A sugar craving – the more sugar you eat the more you crave
• Your stomach – you’re hungry
Think before you eat
Only eat when you are hungry…and then reach for a healthy option to keep your blood sugars from spiking and nose diving
Eat slowly and chew each mouthful fully before swallowing
What flavours can you taste? What is the texture like?